Our History

In 1828, Brothers William Stout, Francis Davis and John Holland, with 15 members, met in Taylorsville and constituted a church known as the Baptist Church of Jesus Christ. At one of the first meetings Reverend William Stout was called as the church’s first pastor.

This group met in each other’s homes for about a year. Then in 1829, the church was incorporated and in 1830, they made plans for a building. Arrangements were made with the Township Trustees for the purchase of a lot on Salt River at the west end of River Street. Under the Lord’s providence the church continued to expand and grow and in 1915, the church, at its current location, was completed and dedicated.
As the years continued,  the Lord has continued to bless FBCT with faithful pastors and leaders who sought to make Christ known in the Taylorsville community and beyond. The Lord has sustained this congregation for over 190 years and now with renewed vigor, FBCT looks forward to the next decades of ministry and longs to impact our community and beyond for the glory of Christ.